PSA Rant: You're ruining your image
Dear young people,
And by young, I mean those of you developing your future (16-25). Your lack of common sense is concerning. Your lack of understanding of how the world now works is concerning. In this day of technology, do you not realize future bosses are looking at who you are by what you post? Do you not understand that future employment could entirely hinge on what your Facebook status reflects.
No?
Well, it does. And no, there are no employment laws which protect your privacy (because SOCIAL MEDIA isn't private). They stalk your profiles - all of them. They do this trying to establish a moral character of those they are seeking to employ. So when you take that selfie or post that rant (yeah I know I am posting a rant right now), remember that it could keep you from making a living. AND guess what? No amount of whining or screaming you have rights will matter - you just won't get that job. Future employers are getting to know you at face value through social media. They are seeing if you are someone they want to talk to - and if you make yourself cheap by what you post... well, then I assure you, you hold no value for them or their company.
So as a mom, as a writer, as an educator, as a wife, and as someone who could very well be your future boss... I implore you to pause before you post. As an educator, it is my job to educate, so this public service announcement is just that - a bit of education. Take or leave it - it's your choice. But remember, your post could come back to haunt you later in life when you're still unemployed and wondering why.
SIncerely,
A Mother, Teacher, Writer, Boss, and Wife.
#socialchangeisneeded #postwhoyouarecarefully #DeathbySocialmedia #BetheChange #SpeakUp #WordSmith
#socialchangeisneeded #postwhoyouarecarefully #DeathbySocialmedia #BetheChange #SpeakUp #WordSmith

Comments
Post a Comment